Welcome to Ms. Sarah's Blog!

Thank you for stopping by!

Monday, November 13, 2006

Taking a moment...

I wanted to take a moment to recognize the passing of my mother's best friend, Sandy Swift. She was a great friend of my family and she recently passed away. Tomorrow I will leave a little early to attend her memorial service. She was a really unique person who dedicated her life teaching literature to college students. She left such a mark on my imagination as a child, from her handmade puppets to her house full of cats. I loved her incredible library of books and her brick Riverview home. I will truly miss her.

Here is her obituary:
http://home.hamptonroads.com/obits/details.cfm?obitID=43046

My mom chose this for Sandy's eulogy:
(From After Apple Picking by Robert Frost)
For I have had too much
Of apple-picking: I am overtired
Of the great harvest I myself desired.
There were ten thousand thousand fruit to touch,
Cherish in hand, lift down, and not let fall.

==Sandy, your spirit lives on in all the lives you have touched==
With a sad heart today,
Sarah

No comments: